Wednesday, September 4, 2019

My Special Succulent Collection

Just a peak in the biggest passion of Ice Cube...World of succulents!  πŸ’—

This will be a very popular topic on the blog as it is one of my biggest loves that I have been dedicated to for many years.

Those plants are often called "Fat plants" 'cause of their often chubby leaves and stems in which they collect and hold water and food supplies.

Name succulents became from the Latin word "succus" or "succulentus" which means juice/sap.

Their biggest specific is that they can survive without water for a long period and also resist high temperatures and strong sunlight.

About 60 plant families contain succulents. So everyone heard about cactuses...right? πŸ˜€ That is a big plant family and the fun fact is that all cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are cacti.

I have a pretty big collection of succulents. I even dont know how much species exactly...
Every year I buy a few new... the climate where I live is not the best for this little fellas...summer is nice but winter to cold...so the side effect is that they can't all survive always but I gave my best to save them and make them healthy.

                         A small part of my collection photo taken a few years ago
Also, important to know, many people consider these plants as the easiest one for having them because of 'no need to take much of care for them'....which is true and not true...they are plants...live creatures...not rocks...so especially if they dont grow in origin land (Africa, America...) they need good adaptation on different environmental conditions, so they can be sensitive more then we could think they are. So, in fact, besides the love, of course, hehe they need the right amount of water, extra 'food', and the appropriate substrate in which it will grow. So without any knowledge, you should not take for granted this specific plant if you realy want then to live for long.

In an amazing world of succulent, there are so many varieties... all different in shapes...flowers, type of growing, etc... most of them look like 'alien plants' that are come from another planet. 😁

I will show some from my collection so you could get an idea of how these specific plants are unique and amazing.

                                Those were my first babies... 😍





                                This one "Lithops" is sooo small... less than 1cm









No comments:

Post a Comment