Saturday, February 1, 2020

Something special from Ice cube


    In the new year, I decided to let you know more about me, something more personal.
Since little age, I was into drawing. My parents like art, we have many paintings on walls, they took me to museums and art exhibitions so I could learn as much as I can... I was going to art glass in high school, and I like to do something artistic in my free time. By I was growing up, I had less and less time to do what I like, then the love for drawing fade more and more. Realy sad. But there was a period when I gave my self to enjoy drawing at least in trying to practice skills and to make presents for my friends. I will show you some of the portraits. Some are ordered some are just my wish to draw. You will notice that all portraits are male. Probably because I soo much enjoyed to look at and draw all the details of the male look. However, those drawings are some very old some are newer. As the years going drawings become better and better. I am aware of mistakes that my drawings have in the earlier works but I am still proud of the that I did. 

    P.S. one of my very dear drawing dont have a photo on which base the drawing was made, I asked my friend to try to find it for me at least 3x, so I still have hopes that he will try to find it, and if I get it I will put it here to be complete. 

    Be free to tell me your opinion about each of these works, and I hope it will be interesting and nice for you to see. Enjoy this little exhibition of my hand-works. By clicking on it it will open in a bigger size.
Who knows maybe one day I will again get inspired by someone and get a wish to draw it as a gift. πŸ˜‰






This is my first portrait based on photography (2008.), At that time I was a big fan of famous singer Lenny Kravitz. Now I am laughing. It's so bad from my perspective. But hey the intention and effort are important. 
This was 2nd drawing of 2008. I was on summer vacation in Greece at island Tassos and I was having dinner with my parents at some greek restaurant and I saw this interesting looking guy sitting at the same restaurant. I was totally obsessed with his look. Also, I dont know why I was a belief that he was an Egyptian πŸ˜‚ Now I would more say that he is Marocain 😁 I was still learning how to draw properly physiognomy. It's not easy at all and I was learning that by myself.  So today I dont think this is good drawing when its compared to the photo, but uh well...it could be worse πŸ˜… P.s. as a defense, I must point out that I was staring at the small camera screen and zooming in to draw this.

This is, unfortunately, the one without a photo. But I hope I will get it, so I could put it here so you could compare photos and drawings. It was made in December of 2008. I wanted to make a surprise gift for my good friend and I asked him to give me a few of his photos that he likes and that is clear and nice for drawing. I made him feel special and happy. 😊

This was made in 2009. It was first ordered drawing. The guy is my long good friend. And this girl is an actress from the Spanish series Serranos. He was crazy in love with her, so he asked me to make a drawing with her and him kissing. As you see I made two. similar. and they are pretty good I must say. He realy looks like him also muscular arms, and she is similar to a real girl that I could see on photos on the internet. My friend has this original drawing and he was extremely happy about the work I did for him. 😊 Also, I don't have photos of them separately because as you could see I draw them from head, I was just analyzing and looking at soo many their different photos.

This is probably my dearest drawing (made in April 2017.). It wasn't ordered. It was a gift for a friend from another country with who I had friendship 11 years. The plan was to meet him on our 10th anniversary so I made that drawing, but unfortunately, this drawing was waiting for our meeting one year more. He was speechless, excited, stunned and soo happy. He couldn't believe what I made for him. To make story sadder, one month after we met for real, he breaks my heart and I ended our long friendship. I hope he still has this gif next to him, and despite everything, I never repented of anything I did for him, so this drawing always made me smile.
The last one...August 2017. This was also not an order. One day I saw a new FB profile photo of my good friend from high school, and I got a wish and inspiration to practice my drawing on his picture. I will not be modest and say that is very good and best from all of this. I sent this drawing to him as a gift. He also doing a drawing, much much more than me and he showed his talent in high school, so when he said to me "I am not sure that I would draw myself better" that was the biggest compliment for me. So I was more than proud. 

1 comment: